Model name : BBF-8N
The Backup Boot Flash is an ingenious tool created by DediProg to force the application controller to work automatically on the backup SPI Flash inserted in our tool SO8N socket and no more on the Main Serial Flash soldered on board. At the connection on board, the BBF tool will disable automatically the Main Serial Flash that doesn’t need to be unsoldered.
The BBF tool can be connected to the application with:
- Our BBF cable (included) to the application 2X4 2.54mm pin header
- Our BBF cable (included) to our SMT 1.27mm Pin Header (included) soldered in place of the Main Serial flash footprint for a better stability.
- Our SO8 Test Clip (to be purchased separately) to be connected on the Main Serial flash package soldered on board (no need of connector).
The Serial Flash can be easily changed manually thanks to the SO8N socket or even updated by connecting our SF100 programmer. The SF100 programmer is completely transparent for the application and will offer to developer high flexibility for code trials or update. The BBF is frequently used to boot failing computers and use the Flash Utility tools to update the corrupted Bios memory.
- Compatible with most of the applications (no hardware modification needed)
- Disable automatically the Main Serial Flash soldered on board (No need to unsolder it)
- Main Serial Flash can be enabled again with a switch on the BBF tool
- Backup Serial Flash can be easily updated by connecting the SF100 programmer
- 1 x backup boot flash module with SO8N socket(BBF-8N)
- 1 x BBF cable with 2.54mm pitch 2x5 female header
- 1 x 1.27mm 2x4 to 2.54mm 2x5 cable adaptor
- 2 x 1.27mm 2x4 SMT male header
- SF100 Programmer to update the Backup Flash
- BBF Testclip-SO8