Eltan created the BIOS support to add SD Card, MMC cards and eMMC devices as boot device. Modules are available for integration into the Phoenix SecureCore Technology UEFI BIOS and Phoenix and Award Legacy BIOS Code bases. The support is also available as a standard Option ROM.
SD, SDHC and MMC Cards and eMMC devices are very small, low cost and high capacity. They can now be used as boot- and mass storage device when directly connected to an industry standard SDIO host adapter. The host adapter is integrated in the many chipsets including the Intel(R) System Controller Hub (SCH) US15W so no additional hardware is required.
To fully exploit the product, the hardware needs to have an integrated SDIO support and the Operating system needs to be able to BOOT from SD Cards.
- BIOS support to add SD Card, MMC cards and eMMC devices as boot device.
- Available for integration into the Phoenix SecureCore Technology UEFI BIOS and Phoenix and Award Legacy BIOS Code bases and Option ROM.
- No additional hardware required with chipsets including a standard SDIO Host Controller such as Intel US15 series SCH
- Space and cost saving, no additional components and low cost for storage.
- High speed and high capacity supported
Supported Host controllers