The LPC post board is a tool which is connected to the LPC bus and can perform 3 functions: display port 80 post codes, output post codes to the serial port and debugging using the serial port.
The adapter can be connected to the system using the standard TPM header. Suupport for additional LPC header versions has been added. For example for the OpenCompute version:
The board includes the following functions:
- Port 80 and 81 display (can be rotated depending on the position of the board)
- Port 80 to 83 output to the serial port (including time stamp function)
- Serial port for debugging purposes (COM1 and COM2 are supported)
- USB to serial converter so no serial port is required on the host system
The serial port provided by this board is ideal for those systems that don't contain a serial port but still require debugging output.
The human eye might miss a quick update of the port 80 display, the output to the serial interface enables to view the complete sequence of all port 80-83 debug codes.
The board can be used for the following applications:
- Port 80 code display
- Debugging x86 PC computer board
- Kernel debugging for any operating system
- PC computer repair tool
- Functional test tool
When required custom versions can be created to suit the needs of the customer.
More information can be found in the datasheet:
Information about the various LPC header versions can be found here: